Phil Scott

Default High temp. connectors?

"DaveC" wrote in message
t...
My toaster resurrection project :-)

Need to (re)connect the nichrome wire to the insulated,

stranded supply wire.
The existing (now overheated and useless, due to heat via

bad connection)
connection is a rivet (stainless?) with the nichrome wrapped

around the head,
and a brass (looking) crimp on the backside that accepts the

supply wire.

Barring an original replacement item, what replacements

would you recommend?
Most crimp ring terminals aren't brass. Should I use brass?

A rivet would be
difficult to install here. Would a threaded fastener (nut &

bolt) be
sufficient? Stainless?

Thanks,

DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

those are specially rated terminals and wire ... a first rate
appliance repair shop would have them and might sell you a
few..otherwise search google.

brass and copper wont work unless plated, ni chrome or silver
usually. the insulation is special also

Phil Scott