Ken Moon

"kcskypilot" wrote in message
Has anyone had a chance to usethe Craftsman 15 in. Lathe, Bench Top,
Variable Speed?

I just burned up the motor in my Harbor Freight 12x36" VS Lathe because my
turning got more serious and the lathe didn't.

I'm also curious if anyone knows the specs on the head and tailstock
fittings. I'm hoping I don't have to retool too much since everything I
have is either 1-8TPI or 2MT.

I thought I would check out your opinions if you have any before I sink
any
money into the Craftsman.

kcsky

Darrell Feltmate on this group has one of those, and he has seemed satisfied
with his. Maybe he will chime in and give details. All your accessories
should work on the Craftsman. As I understand, there were 2 different
versions of the 15 in. made; the later is supposed to be better. If you buy
new, that should be no problem. Have you checked on a replacement motor for
the HF? They're usually pretty good on warranty, and not too expensive even
if it's out of warranty.

Ken Moon
Webberville,TX