Ed Huntress

"lionslair at consolidated dot net" "lionslair at consolidated dot net"
wrote in message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

When I was a kid living in Maryland I used to love to go down to a

couple of

museums on the Eastern Shore, where they had about a half-dozen of

those
"punt guns" that were used to shoot an entire flock of ducks with one

shot.

The bore varied but I remember several of them around 2" (.200 caliber)

or

more, with barrels maybe 12 feet long and a regular, very fat shoulder
stock.

Ed:

Wouldn't a 2" diameter be 2.00 caliber, not .200 caliber?

Yeah, Bob, I got the decimal in the wrong place.

--
Ed Huntress

Isn't 2" = 200 caliber ! like 0.50 = 50 caliber.

Martin

Yeah, I don't know what the decimal places are doing in there at all,
anyway. I guess it's a tradition.

Anyway, it's a sort of scattergun cannon with a buttstock. g

--
Ed Huntress