Leo Lichtman

wrote: (clip) Is this simply the indicator that
it's time to buy a new gun for the MIG, or could something else be the
problem?
(clip)
I have a 120 volt Lincoln MIG, but I have never had this problem. However,
I have had my gun apart several times for other reasons, and it's not hard
to do. The trigger is just a normally open switch that connects top the
welder with two spade connectors. Make sure those connectors are ON. Try
closing the triggering circuit with a jumper a whole bunch of times, to make
sure the problem is not in the welder. After you are reasonable sure it is
the trigger, I would take the gun apart and use spray contact cleaner or
toothpicks, or whatever it takes to clean the switch. You should not have
to buy a whole new gun for something like this.