James Sweet

"Derelict" wrote in message
news:fBOae.3103$Bb.1492@okepread06...

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
(Aniruddh Sarkar) writes:

Our 1990-purchased JEOL 6400 Scanning Electron Microscope recently
developed an intermittent problem of black bands randomly
appearing/sliding on its display.

While I'm not an expert on SEM design, there is no magic involved.
Replicating the coil as precisely as possible should restore function.
It certainly can't hurt while you search for a new coil.

There may well be magic involved. In order to rewind a new coil they
will have to unwind the original to save the steel(?) core to wrap the
new coil on. Big buck$ and no going back.

Going back? It's already broken, what's he got to lose?