Morris Dovey

wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's a lovely piece of software I like better:
http://www.woodturnerpro.com.
Has a free trial and then costs a bit, but worth it.

HS students short on geometry chops are nothing new. They were not
ensuring students like myself (class of '71) "got it" even back then.
BTW, this is the first time in my life I ever needed it.

rant
Could it be that most^H^H^H^H a great many HS teachers don't have much of a
clue (or don't bother to communicate) the value of the subject they teach or
how it applies to the world outside the classroom? High school graduates who
don't know geometry or trig are generally able to say "I don't know," and
then go dig out what they need - a very different situation from those who
didn't learn anything in history classes and then confidently go to the
polls and ensure that we repeat past mistakes.
/rant

I didn't have much use for geometry or trig myself until I got involved with
trying to write optimizing CNC program generators - and found myself up to
my eyebrows in the stuff (and, most remarkably, enjoying the challenges in
solving the problems that popped up!)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar