Don Foreman

Is the problem that the press is sometimes actuated with no ball in
place? Even an automatic ball feeder could misfeed at times.

Perhaps you could instrument the press wtih a load cell to measure
force when it is actuated. If force is too low on the downstroke,
there was no ball present on that stroke. Take whatever action you
think is appropriate when that condition is sensed.

On 24 Apr 2005 11:12:54 -0700, "Bar_turned_Components_mfg"
wrote:

Ball is not in part. - is my problem...

Go-NoGo guage pin - I have already implemented, but checking 100000
parts is cumbersome. 100% inspection is never reliable. This is a
critical characteristic.

I want to do something when the ball is being inserted... or can this
process be automated. can a single ball be pushed in during pressing...
cfan the manual part in the ball insertion be changed to fixture or
something like that???

I get totally engrossed with ideas to settel this simle issue - I would
like a totally foolproof process capability