John Chase

SteveB wrote:

"Ignoramus16317" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4545203472

That tool has a MSRP of $4,729. By the way, I have no idea why it
would be so expensive. I can buy 15 AK-47s, 5 AR-15s, or a couple of
new industrial 80 gallon compressors, for this price.

Look closely at the plate of the motor. You will see

INPUT AIR PRESSURE VS OUPUT TORQUE

and below

INPUT (PSIG) OUPUT (FT.LBS)

I am a little bit peeved that makers of this $4,729 tool did not know
how to spell "ouTput".

I see it all the time. Custom paint lettering on vehicles with misspelled
names. Billboards, too. In downtown LA, there is a "Stationary Store" near
the LA Mart.

Maybe they mean it stays stationary during earthquakes.... :-) Or maybe it's
located among moving stores....

A product of our outcome based education, teacher's unions, and general
apathy of the population. And that's just for the things our people do. I
have seen some hilarious misspellings on overseas goods for sale in the US.

Those misspellings can generally be excused.

-jc-