Gary A. Gorgen

Bar_turned_Components_mfg wrote:
Ball is not in part. - is my problem...

Go-NoGo guage pin - I have already implemented, but checking 100000
parts is cumbersome. 100% inspection is never reliable. This is a
critical characteristic.

I want to do something when the ball is being inserted... or can this
process be automated. can a single ball be pushed in during pressing...
cfan the manual part in the ball insertion be changed to fixture or
something like that???

I get totally engrossed with ideas to settel this simle issue - I would
like a totally foolproof process capability

Well ..., if I had 100000 parts to do, I would seriously consider designing
and building a machine to do the job. If this is 100000 parts/yr., delete
the word "consider". :-)

I could probably think of many ways to solve the problem, and I'm
sure there's 30-50 other people in this group that could the same.
But, without knowing a *LOT* other information, it's hard to know where
to start.

Shape of part, material, ball material, tolerance, pressing force.
Is the press-fit, a few mm. or the whole 20mm?
Maybe some drawings & specs, would help.
Photos of the current setup.
How much $$$ do you want to spend.

BB guns, do a good job of putting small balls in a little hole.
Come to think of it, most automatic firearms deal with this problem.

Where are you located?

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"