Travis Jordan

Last spring I had a new Trane Gas Furnce with AC/Heat Pump installed.
It worked great until it was time to turn the heat on in the fall.
The heat pump would come on, however the air wasn't warm. I called
the installer and he came out and thought there was a defective valve
in the outside unit. He replaced that and the air still was not warm.

Sounds like a hack.

I'd call the owner of the HVAC company that did the original
installation and express your concern about the capabilities of the
tech. Ask him to send his best technician out to inspect the
installation and make any necessary repairs. If you don't get
satisfaction, call the local Trane distributor and ask for a factory
tech's assistance.