Dave Plowman

Default cut into joists

In article ,
dundonald wrote:
I'd be inclined to fix strips of wood across the joists with gaps for
the cable, as suggested by Mark. Put steel straps across those gaps to
prevent nailing into the cable. Then lay the flooring on top. Something
like roofing battens should be ok and cheap.

So the flooring then goes in the same direction as the joists?

Err, the strips of wood go on top of the joists - in line with them. So
effectively just make them bigger. I'd normally lay chipboard flooring
panels with the long side at right angles to the joists, but I'm not sure
it makes that much difference.

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn