John Musselman

Read the data sheet. If you try to draw more than the part can
handle, the device will _limit_ the current through itself, precisely
for the purpose of keeping itself from failing.

I stand corrected. Sorry for my hasty reply. The part has thermal current
limiting AND short circuit current limiting. So to answer the original
question, if you try to draw too much current OR if the part gets too hot
from whatever current you are drawing, it will current limit.

By the way, the data sheet has an example of paralleling multiple parts.
But I would suggest a switching regulator if your circuit can use it.

John Musselman