:::Jerry::::

wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

License and passport arent ID cards. Look at what the problems are

with

But they can be made into them quite easily. There has already been
talk about how passports could be made to hold the same information
that they want ID's cards to hold, what's more (as I've already said
before) they don't even need Parliamentary approval to do so.

ID cards, quite different.

It's no different, a database is a database. How secure that database
is, well. that's another issue.

The point is, if HMG want to introduce an ID card then they will, if
they have a majority and use the whip they will be able to make
carrying it compulsory, once introduced I can't see any future HMG
giving them up. QED...