Rick

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:52:44 +0100, Val
wrote:

Hi

We are doing an extension and need to source a Part L compliant stable
door. We are in a conservation area so it has to be a particular design
; it has to have a solid wood bottom half and a nine glazed panels wood
top half.

We have been to the sheds (Wickes, Homebase, Focus & B&Q) who all have
such a design of door (it seems to be the exactly same one in each
shed), but their information on it says it is not Part L compliant

Does anyone have experience of sourcing such a door ? Can anyone point
us in the right direction of where to get one from ?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help

Val

You need a "door shop", they exist with literally thousands of doors
to choose from.

Alternativly there are plenty of people about who will make you a door
- I make my own.

The problem is to acheive both looks and "part L" one possible
solution is to buy two doors, a cheep "part L" door, which you use to
pass building regs, and a nice door to replace the cheep door once you
have final sign off.

Rick