Digby wrote:

My wife (God Bless her) wants me to move the washing machine into the
outhouse.
Well that's fine - I had nothing planned for the month !
I have power and can easily get water supply BUT the outhouse is

lower
than the main drain cover (although not lower than the take away from
the drain).
Is it possible to push the waste water uphill so I can branch into an
existing waste drain ??
Or is there some clever workaround ??
Suggestions gratefully received.

Lets cover the things to not do first:

1. dont pump it uphill all the way, as it will all run back into the
machine every time. Drain pipes are kinda stinky.

2. dont use a saniflo!!

Now the DO:

1. Run the drain downhill at the usual slope all the way to the drain.

2. Run the washer outlet hose up to the open end of this drain pipe.
Use the standard kit, preferably ensuring the connection is not
airtight.

3. If the outlet hose has to go further up than the machine pump can
handle, add another washing machine pump in plumbing series and
electrical parallel with the existing machine pump.

4. If the machine needs to pump up a huge distance, and even this is
inadequate, use a purpose made foul water pump, again run off the
wahser pump connections. Do not use an unsanitaryflow.

There is also a last option: if the machine is a long way from the
house foundations, and you use only enviro friendly detergents, you
could drain into a soakaway dug in the ground next to your outhouse, or
possibly even use it to water the garden.

NT