Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Huge wrote:
I believe the Consumers Association (who publish Which) were one of
the bodies consulted about Part P. I would be interested to know
what they said on behalf of "Which" subscribers like myself. I
suspect they encouraged it.

They would have said whatever they were paid to. As they always do.

Paid by whom?

Good Lord. You don't actually *trust* "Which", do you?

More so than mags which take advertising. And in general, for things I
don't much care about, like domestic appliances, etc. They're aimed at the
middle ground - not the enthusiast. Hence enthusiasts always disagree with
them if their favourite camera etc isn't chosen as a best buy. But then
enthusiasts will disagree among themselves about this too.

I can't remember them having a view on Part P, though. But they've
certainly campaigned for and succeeded in getting some worthwhile consumer
protection legislation.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Dave Plowman London SW