Gunner

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:06:15 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On 23 Apr 2005 22:23:01 GMT, Ignoramus31514
wrote:

Scary stuff.

Ever feel pain so bad that when you open your mouth..no sound comes
out, and all you can do is inhale?

Gunner

Heh, I was in the hospital last week for such a pain. I pinched
something right next to my spine--probably a piece of ligament--and it
swelled up. For about the first four hours it was terrible, but I could
move if I had to. Then it swelled enough (I saw x-rays of this feat
later) that it kinked my spine and dislocated two ribs. That hurt so
much I couldn't make any sounds other than incoherent yelling. Then the
spasms started. That kink pushing nerves plus all the pain robbed me of
muscle control and I wound up folding backwards and locking up for
several minutes at a time. Like that girl did in the exorcist. Anyway,
when that happened I couldn't make any sounds because of the pain.
Funny thing about all that was that some Ibuprofen early-on would
have prevented 99% of that pain.
Back injury: serious business.

Indeed.

Gunner, two back surgeries and hoping there will be no third.

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke