Grant Erwin

Default Grizzly G9729???

wrote:
What do the regulars in this group think about this model from grizzly
industrial? Thanks.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G9729

Really, it depends on what you want to do. I know some guys who have these
who are able to both do simple turning and milling operations on small parts
in support of other metalworking main interests while still saving space in
their shop. Other guys would consider these little better than landfill fodder
because they can't turn out parts with tenths accuracy and aren't made to
industrial standards of massiveness and rigidity. If you want to just
explore machining then a class or two at your local technical college is
a much better choice.

That being said, if you are settled on a 3-in-1 machine, there are cheaper
ones on the market. If you are looking for a detailed comparison of Grizzly's
versus say Shoptask or Smithy or Enco or Jet, I can't help.

GWE