Gary A. Gorgen

Bar_turned_Components_mfg wrote:
I produce a part which has a 5mm "ball" press fitting operation. The
ball is pressed in the hole at a depth of 20mm from the face, this I do
on a power press. Lot sizes are about 100000nos

Operations are sequenced below:
10. A ball is dropped into the hole of the part by hand.
20. Place the part on the press.
30. Push the press lever by his leg.
40. The punch 26mm long then rams & press fits the ball.
50. Lift the part and put it in processed bin.

I have not been able to think of a way to get 100% process capability.

I have to do 100% visual segregation, even then there is no 100%
percent guaranted result.

From the Subject, "Parts with ball missing", are you asking
how to inspect the parts, to be sure the ball is where it
should be?

Ball is in part pressed to correct depth.
Ball is in part & not pressed.
Ball is not in part.
All of the above.

Go-NoGo guage pin?

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"