Al

Default Air Conditioning unit advice wanted

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in message
They're heavy, but I've seen them blown over on roofs.
If it is significantly taller than its width or depth,
you want to at least fix it to something with a larger
footprint, which also spreads the weight and might help
prevent damage to the roof covering. It's best to fix
them down if you can. Also think of the vibration
coming through the roof -- wouldn't be a good idea if
there's a bedroom underneath for example.

There is a dining room under the flat roof - which isn't used a huge
amount. Wonder if the vibration would cause any cracking on the
internal ceiling/walls?

In terms of noise - I'm figuring there aren't any noise control laws
that would stop me using these? We are in a terraced house and the
neighbours bedroom window would be about 10ft away (approx. same
level) from where I plan to place the condensor unit.

My main worry (and the reason I asked about fixing the unit) is
someone nicking the condensor. The unit would be easily visible from
the street - our house is second one in from the street. Do these
things get stolen?!

One of the replies in this thread mentioed globalcooling.org.uk. Would
be interested in hearing on your experience once the AC has been
installed at your place.

Cheers all.

Al.