Lobby Dosser

"John Moorhead" wrote:

Folks -

*Somewhere* there was an online calc or website that was able to
figure out the length of the segments in creating a circle of "X"
inches in diameter. I am sure that many of you math types will guffaw,
so I'll take my lumps, but I'd like a better way than laying it out on
paper and measuring.

I was showing one of the students how to lay out an 8 and also a 12
sided circle, 12" in diameter, with 3" wide stock. Our method worked
okay and all, I just know that there's an easier way to do it.

Any ideas??

John Moorhead

Here's an inexpensive piece of software that will do it:

http://www.turnedwood.com/software.html No relation, etc.

Otherwise, try a search on 'segmented turning'. There is a free
calculator he

http://www.delorie.com/wood/segturn.html

LD