Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

Right...George Bush told America we had to go to war because Saddam

Hussein
was showing no respect at all for United Nations Resolution Number 1441.

And
all of the UN-lovers in the Neocon Party jumped up and shouted, "Damned
right! He can't dis the United Nations and get away with it, by cracky!"

Or maybe most Americans believed the other story, the one he told us on

the
night we invaded. He certainly dissembled the real reason in one speech

or
the other. Which one do you suppose it was? The one he told us, about

having
to crush Iraq before we wound up fighting the Iraqis on our shores, or

the
one he told the UN, about dissing UN resolutions?

Make up your mind.

Oh, my mind is settled on the subject, barring some new information that
would change it. Given the Bushies' attitude toward the UN, I don't think
there's any question which was the supposedly sincere reason and which was
the dissembly for reasons of international diplomacy.

But if you want to make a case that the whole think was about UN
resolutions, it would be interesting to hear your argument.

--
Ed Huntress