Marvin W. Klotz

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:35:24 GMT, "William Graves"
wrote:

The formula is a good bit more complicated than that. Take a look at the
ECCENT.ZIP archive on my website for a program that implements the correct
formula.
Regards, Marv

Thanks, Marv. although I was not able to derive a formula - I see that I
had completely missed the bit about the width of the chuck jaws. This gets
interesting as I assume the compensation is because the jaws are no longer
tangent to the workpiece. In my case, the jaws have a slight curvature!

I will take a look at the C source code you so nicely provided and see if I
can follow the math.
thanks a lot for your work.
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bill Graves RKBA!

The source code isn't going to help you much since all it does is implement the
final, very messy equation.

I still have my derivation of the equation and will send it along to you via
email after I scan it.

If your email address is false or you don't hear from me, drop me an email at
mklotz at alum dot mit dot edu.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.geocities.com/mklotz.geo