Proto

It apparently has escaped your attention that we live in a world of
death and destruction. If you look at a historical timeline of the
world, you will find it to be mostly a history of war, death and
destruction, with very small intervals of "peace". This of course
does not touch on the natural disasters that interpose themselves here
and there. It has been less then 15yrs since WW3 ended ( the Cold
War) and the period between it and the start of WW4 (9-11) was filled
with death and destruction.

This never escapes me Gunner I just do not live this reality on a day to day
basis. There is also life and the rest of the world to focus on. I might
like to ponder the fact that there are more people alive on this planet
right now than the total number of people that have died since the beginning
of time. Maybe when this 'Death and destriction' factor begins to have an
effect on this equasion I might call myself gunner also. But I can sure wait
for that time to arrive as you might predict.

Simply because by the grace of whatever deity you hold holy, you were
not directly involved in the misfortunes that so many others were, is
not confirmation that it will hold true for you forever.

Some prefer an outlook with a milder taste. I have learned to appreciate
life more and often give thanks in regards to what you are suggesting

Can you tell me how many wars are currently active on this planet?

Probably all of them.

Actually..its probably less now then at any other time in history
http://comnet.org/wilpf/listofwars.html

But tell that to the dying and the dead.

And then of course....there are the disasters Mom Nature tends to
spread around.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001437.html

So viewing the world through rose colored glasses simply means you
have limited your chances of surviving an event.

Shrug. As you noted..it can be stressful, if you view reality with
the wrong outlook. I perfer the non stressful world view of

Bad **** can happen
Be prepared as best you can
Enjoy life to the fullest.

Shrug.