ATP*

"Wooding" wrote in message
I've got a Mitsubishi FR-S500 inverter (actual model FR-S520S) that I want
to use to control the speed of my milling machine (metal content bit).
I've jury-rigged it to use the setting dial to control the motor speed and
its working fine. I can control the speed from barely moving, right up to
twice normal speed.

I've wired up a remote switch to start, stop and reverse the motor as
shown in section 1.7.1 of the detailed instruction manual [IB(NA)-0600027]
under the heading "Two-wire type connection (STF, STR)", but it doesn't
work. Connecting SD to STF or STR has no apparent effect at all. I've
tried it in PU and EXT mode, and still nothing.
The only parameters changed from the factory settings shown in the manual
are...
P1 100
P7 0.5
P8 0.5
P30 1
P53 1
Can anyone help please?

--

Regards, Gary Wooding

Read through the manual explaining the parameter settings. Check any that
are relevant. Chances are something else has to be changed. There is always
a parameter for the type of control, is that correct? Sometimes jumpers are
also required.