Frank H

Default Garage rebuilding resources?

Hi all & greetings from Toronto. My old wood-and-tin garage is the
eyesore of the neighbourhood, and I dream of rebuilding it, myself, in
concrete or brick. One wall at a time, slowly is fine, I'm in no big
hurry - would prefer to save money learning how to do it myself.

Silly? Too big a job? Need architects, engineers, teams of big strong
guys? Or can I find books or sites that teach you how to rebuild a
garage myself without having it fall down on top of me? I'm a handy guy
and have renovated most of my own house, but I'm new to structural work
(i.e., how to hold up a roof while I remove and replace the wall
underneath).

Thanks in advance for any advice, resources, personal experiences.

- Frank