Mike

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
John Rumm wrote:
Blunket himself could not be iris scanned for example.

Are you sure about that? His blindness might be caused by a problem
involving the optic nerve which passes from the eyeball thru to the brain.

I don't know about these things but I wouldn't have made an assumption
that just because people are blind it would limit their ability to be
tested.

Also, iris testing? I thought the ID cards relied upon a fingerprint of
the back wall of the eye? The Iris is at the front.

Rumour has it next year's passports will require fingerprints anyway so
nobody is going to bother with iris scans or suchlike for ID cards.