Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Peter Parry writes:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:42:59 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

Even 2.9 mA's a bit on the high side, but much more feasible than having
nearly 3 A flowing in the earth wire.

2.9mA is about right for a noise filter (usually 2-3.5mA)

For Class I IT appliances (ie. computer), max permitted is 0.75 mA.
They are normally about half this though. I think this limit applies
to most types of Class I appliances which plug in to a standard socket
outlet, but they are all defined in different EN documents, so it
would take some research (and considerable expense) to get a full
list of figures. Wired-in appliances are probably allowed higher
leakage.

--
Andrew Gabriel