Broadback

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

We are, afterall, adults and supposed to be able to make decisions for
ourseleves.

One would think so, but it appears Labour does not. In fact Tony seems
to think we can not, even when grown up, be trusted to walk down the
street.

I'd like to think others wouldn't have introduced 'nanny state'
legislation, but history says otherwise.

This will be a criminal offence if ID cards become mandatory.
Basic concepts seems to be alien to some.

I *really* don't see the problem. We already have to carry works ID cards,
etc, so one other shouldn't be a problem. For honest folk at least.

A specious argument. If I have not got my works ID on me I will not be
prosecuted. If I turn up at work without it there is just a little
hassle to get in, no more no less.