:::Jerry::::

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
This will be a criminal offence if ID cards become mandatory.

Basic
concepts seems to be alien to some.

I *really* don't see the problem. We already have to carry works

ID
cards, etc, so one other shouldn't be a problem. For honest folk

at
least.

It's not the ID that is the issue so much as the monster all
encompassing database that goes with it...

All that information will be on a database somewhere anyway. Can't

see the
problem with centralising it.

It's not ID cards as such that I object to but the reasons given for
the need, why can't they just have the guts to say "We want everyone
to have ID cards that we can then, if we think a need, can be use in
various ways to monitor people" rather than try and con us that if
every UK adult citizen living here legally has an ID card it will cut
down on illegal citizens and terrorism - the people who carried out
9/11 were in the USA legally and the authorities knew what they were
'studying', the people behind the Madrid bombings (IIRC) didn't have
ID cards and were there illegally even though Spain has ID card....