Prometheus

Nope, I've gotta have a finish on it now. If I want to see hillbilly
stuff, I'll go visit my parents! That, and I want to keep the color.
Thanks to you folks that responded- I'm going to make sure to look
into that arm-r-seal stuff, and see how it goes.

I hate the "lovely silvery gray look", too. (If I wanted an old barn,
I'da built one.)

Instead, I'd opt for the Sikkens Cetol finish for my outside bench to
keep the color...if I could get both pry bars out at the same time.
'Taint cheap, and though I haven't tried it, I keep hearing that it's
the very best. Best adhesion, most UV protection, longest lasting,
etc.

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product.c...egory=exterior
http://www.nam.sikkens.com/pdf/cetol1&23_App_Guides.pdf

You might have a winner there- looks like one of their dealers is a
local furniture and finishing supply shop. I always like to support
the local vendors when possible!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam