Ed,
It is too early to tell if the war was worthwhile or not. At this time
there is no evidence that theocrats are going to rule Iraq. It is too
early to tell what affect the war is going to have on the governments
of Syria, but considering that they are pulling their troops out of
Lebanon, it appears there may be some other benefits. You need to wait
for another five years before saying it was or was not worthwhile.

I personally am not proud to be an American, but I am thankful that I
am. I really do not understand how you think that anyone died for the
sake of pride. People died because there were mistakes made. Sadam
was one of those that made mistakes. He wanted the countries around
Iraq to believe that he had Weapons of Mass Destruction. He did not
think that anyone would invade Iraq. He had not had any problem with
the United Nations when he defied it as far as the terms coming from
the Gulf War. He did not have any problem with the United Nations and
the Food for Oil program.

We made mistakes too. Hind sight is alway better. If we had know
everything we now know, I don't think we would have invaded. But that
is life. One never knows as much at the time as one does later.

Is Iraq better off because of the invasion? Probably. The number of
people that have died because of the invasion is less per year than the
number that died because Sadam was in power. Will the United States be
loved because we invaded? Of course not.

Was it the fault of the Democrats for not doing better in dealing with
Iraq while Clinton was president or was the fault of the Republicans
after Bush became president. Probably both.

Is this thread appropriate for RCM? Hardly.

Dan