Martin H. Eastburn

Jeff Dantzler wrote:
wrote:

Thanks. that makes sense. Previously I have rented Hilti spline drive
rotary hammers. I had to drill a 2 inch hole and it was brutal. The
bit IMO, was in poor shape. One of the side carbide cutters was missing
and it was dull, if dull matters. I dont know too much about that.
How well should a 2 inch bit move thru concrete? 4 inches took me 30
minutes to drill.

The carbide is dull in the sense that it is not sharp enough to
cut a finger on. Missing is not good though. I can't say how fast
a 2" bit should go since I've mostly used mine to drill holes to
bolt a dated structure to the foundation and to sink #4 rebar into
existing concrete. Worked great for that. The Hiltis are nice so
you probably just had a crappy bit.

I bought mine on EBAY, it is 1000 watt chinese drill and is much
better than I thought it would be.
it will do all 3 motions, hammer or turn or hammer and turn. and has
wheel to adjust the speed. Came with 3 drills and 2 chisels and an
adapter for a chuck.

That is called a combi hammer. They are great. Mine can hammer/drill
or just hammer. It came in real handy to scale off some uneven
concrete on a floor and also to demo my chimney.

Cheers--Jeff

Wow - my hammer drill only drills or hammer-drills. I looked at some SDS spades
that would be useful in some cases.
Used mine the other day to drill a small hole in a plasma cart I'm making.
My hand drill was in the house doing home duty.

Got the wife a roll around for tools in the house. She likes it but the color isn't her best.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life