Dan

"Strabo" wrote in message
In Try this Gunner/WMDS? on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:37:31 GMT, by
The Watcher, we read:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:58:30 -0400, "Bob Brock"

wrote:

(snip)
Bush and Bush alone made the decision to invade. Yes, NOBODY else

should
share in the responsiblity for what Bush did. He did it. He should

take
responsiblity for it. Hell, even Nixon had the balls to resign. What

money
wasting jobs share the titile Commander and Chief? I will help you get

rid
of them if you find any.

OK, we should abolish the Congress then, since they apparently have no

power.
Their votes are meaningless and have no power(or responsibility). John

Kerry
really loves that. Finally, he has a job where he can do things and

disavow any
responsibility for his actions.
I'm a bottom line sort of guy. If those people in the Congress are

wasting our
time and money we should stop paying them.

Originally one of the mechanisms for controlling the Congress
was each state's ability to recall senators. The could just send
a telegram and tell Senator so-and-so that a replacement was on
the way and for him to pack his bags and leave DC.

It was a very effective way to compel the people's interests.

The 1913 17th A. took that critical control away.

You are reading a lot into an amendment that says no such thing... It
didn't
take any power away from any state (unless you can point to the provision
which does as you say it does).

"The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each
State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall
have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications
requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State
legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the
executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such
vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the
executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the
vacancies by election as the legislature may direct."

It did change the way Senators were originally selected, subjecting them to
a vote of the voting populace,
and requires permanent replacements be selected thusly.

I GUESS it is a bad thing to vote for Senators.

What else happened in 1913?

- Federal Reserve Act creating a central bank and debt money.

Is there any other kind of money?

- Federal Income Tax Act rejecting the Constitution's
prohibition against a progressive head tax.

The Marxists were busy in 1913.

Marxists? What do/did Marxists have to do with it?

Just one of the many evidences that the US has been shanghied.

Yeah, but more recently with two verifiably crooked "elections" (not
that such hasn't happened in the past, mind you).

Dan

--
"White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how
to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved

- James Baldwin -
"The Fire Next Time"