dadiOH wrote:

If I were you I'd consider a Performax. The big difference is that

the
*drum* moves up and down rather than the table as in the Sears &

Delta.
So? So that means you can make table extensions - you'll need them -
for the Performax and they will always be in the correct position
relative to the table. Can't do that with the Sears & Delta.

I wouldn't (ok, didn't) think this that big a deal. I fed my workbench
top, in halves, through the delta with no problems (each half about
13x84x3). I did use support rollers, way out, but didn't adjust them
much, they were just there to help support before I could adjust the
bed and resume. The pressure rollers put a lot of pressure and has
never been a problem.

Got a friend with the older 22x44 Performax and it is a nice beefy
machine. The new Performax 16x32 (and even the new 22x44, I believe)
just didn't seem as beefy as the delta. Both can have alignment
problems and racking under heavy loads, but the Delta drum isn't as
likely to flex as the arm is welded steel box beam, the Performax,
while rigid, has a mechanical connection that must have some give or it
would not slide. Delta table is supported all around, although the
sprocket system has the potential (never observed) of getting one side
out of alignment.

Bottom line, both good machines.