longshot

there's a vinyl tape that bends in at 90 degrees it will outlast any caulk &
you can go right over that white goop. (clean up enough to get a good
surface for the tape to stick.)

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
wrote in message
oups.com...
Last month we put in a tub surround and used
DAP® ALEX PLUS® Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone
behind it at the bottom where it meets the tub and around every seam. I
guess this was the wrong caulk.

Now the stuff is just a white goo at the bottom surround seam that
meets the tub and doesn't hold back water. It is a mess.

I'm wanting to put down G.E. Silicone II Bathroom Tub & Tile Sealant as
a replacement.

My question is, should I pull the new tub surround from the walls and
clean out the previous caulk behind the surround at the bottom and just
start all over? I figure the new surround will need to be replaced
after pulling it from the wall. Oh geez....

Or, after I clean up the bottom and the seams, then let this whole mess
dry over the weekend, can I apply the new caulk over the existing
surround seams and bottom that meets the tub?

Thanks

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"
Henry David Thoreau