Patriarch

".HMFIC@1369" My wrote in news:7Qcae.46$jS6.6@trndny06:

It'll be used both for food prep and for storage for pots and pans. So
far I'm looking at 2 drawers with 3 cabinet doors. I got the wheels
from grizzly the other day. 4-4" (500lb) So I'm part of the way there.
I also want to use a granite top. So far I was looking at making a 1/2
inch plywood box with Maple face 1X2's and 1X3's Glued running
vertically all the way around!

the more I look at the harder it is to decide.

If I were making a rolling island, with that much weight up high, I'd beef
up the structure cosiderably from what you describe. Cross bracing, with
real joinery, too.

But that's just me. I hate doing things over again, while my wife says "I
told you so."

Patriarch