Dave Hinz

On 22 Apr 2005 07:12:37 -0700, Dave wrote:
wrote:
I found a 36 inch used metal lathe for sale for 350. What
would this be good for? I like working with metal. [...]

Making round things, with or without threads. Some people make
fittings, steam engines, brass cannons, telescope/camera adapters...

Camera adapter plates for medium and large format cameras. I think my
machines have been used more for that in the last year, than for anything
else. Having a friend who is a semi-pro photographer, and who knows lots
of people, probably has something to do with that. It's fiddly, one-off,
very occasional work, which is the sort of thing I like. Want one or two?
No problem. Want a couple dozen? I know a guy with a shop, here's his
card...