Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Mark wrote:

I add Stabil on the last usage and run the engine till the Stabil gets
into the carb. If its a plastic tank (lawn tractor), I then run the tank
and the carb dry and I figure whatever gas is left in there has Stabil
for protection. If it's a metal tank (motorcycle) , I close the valve
and let the carb run dry but keep the tank full.

I used to follow this procedure. Had a hell of a time getting my
(plastic-tank Tecumseh w/float carbs) engines going again the next season.
Then I started leaving the systems wet/full, still with Sta-Bil, and got
consistent one- or two-pull starts the next season.