udarrell

Never run your A/C unit with the evaporator fan NOT running properly!
Liquid refrigerant will flood back to your compressor and probably ruin it.

The old Fraizer Johnson condensers and others used to have "suction line
liquid accumulators" on them.
(This furnished 'some' protection to the compressor.)
A "Sail Switch in the air stream after the evaporator, wired to make the
circuit to the condenser after the air closes it, is a compressor protection
fix!
Call a tech before it costs you a fortune! - udarrell - Darrell
--
Air Conditioning Efficiency -
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...fficiency.html
Hi,

I have a Trane XL 1200. Fan does not come on automatically in cool mode.
No problem with heat. I haven't had a chance to put gauges on it yet. I
here freon getting to the evaporator and coils, and they frost over until

turn on fan manually. Any ideas? All I got was stupid remarks from
alt.hvac.

Thanks
Mark