IMM

Default Air conditioning in April - good grief

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
In article ,
Grunff wrote:

I'm expecting him to suggest I brick up the window next. That's
certainly help a lot.

The problem thse days is that even with the CH off, some of us have a

great
deal of heat-generating electronics - much more than we used to have. The
other problem is that it's just getting hotter for longer [in the year]
anyway.

There used to be a nutter here who reckoned you could cool a house from 35
to 21 and drop humidity from 80%RH to 45%RH by planting some geraniums
outside.

A cool pond. Very natiural and effective.

I ask you. Fancy being dim enough to think that if you open the windows on
an outside temperature of 35 you can defy all known laws of physics and

the
temperature indoors will somehow drop to 21.

During last August house temp were an average of 25C inside. NO NEED for
a/c in the UK. If you design the house properly, or take appropriate
measures of insulation, blinds, natural vegetation, etc, this 25C will be
even less.

Obese people should confront their real problem at the root, obesity, and
not use am add on. A/c in a normal UK house, is treating the symptom not
the cause.