Michael Chare

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
Just checking it's not just me, but I think my new induction hob is faulty!!

It is connected to the RCD consumer unit (Because the cable that feeds it
was feeding the oven, and was already connected there before you ask!)

What brand of Hob?

I have a Bosch induction hob which failed when new. When the Bosch engineer was
working on the upside down hob to repair it he got a shock touching some part
you would not expect to be live. We measured the voltage with his digital
voltmeter and got a reading of about 80v (or so). In normal operation the metal
bottom of the hob would have earthed the internal part that he touched. Not
having an RCD I live in happy ignorance of any currents that may be leaking to
earth.

--

Michael Chare