Prometheus

Hey Prometheus,
Oddly enough, I was making this very point at work today. Many of the parts
they want us top attach to plates require holes of a strange decimal
reading, my tape only goes down to 32nds of an inch and my layout rule only
goes to half millimeters. Even that is tough to hit some days. (Lamenting
that yet another year has drained from the glass.)
Cheers,
Beej

Ahh... you've got *nice* tape measures We used to have decent
tapes, but they kept getting chewed up when swarf got in them, so now
we get the $2.99 Lufin ones in a selection of neon colors- they're
only graduated in 16ths. Those suckers sure look funny next to the
Miyoto calipers... I just took in a good cabinet rule, and keep it in
my locker so it doesn't get bent.

Isn't it amazing how it seems essential to have the best for projects
at home, but employers always want you to make do with the cheapest
crap they can dig up? It's probably time for me to start lugging in
my toolbox every day again, but it's such a PITA, and they won't
guarantee that someone won't swipe it when I go on break. Ah well,
such is life.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam