Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:33:40 +1000, "Tom Miller"
wrote:
"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Tom Miller" wrote in message
"TT" wrote in message

So I pulled a stainless drum out of my old dead washing machine.

It'll twist up like a pretzel. Stainless is a bugger to move when it
gets hot.

Eh?
People have been using 55 gallon (mild steel) drums for decades, I'd think
stainless would work just as well, if not better. It's somewhat more
heat-resistant, no?

Yes, its better that a mild steel drum as far as corrosion goes,but it will
sure buckle into some funny shapes if you get it too hot!

So try it, but have the base well supported all the way around.

Worst case? You use it as a fire ring once and it warps all to heck
- so you just created an interesting piece of abstract art. Alexander
Calder has made a fortune at it... ;-)

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545