pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Robert Sturgeon
wrote back on Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:27:29 -0700 in
misc.survivalism :
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:37:15 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Robert Sturgeon
wrote back on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:08:21 -0700 in
misc.survivalism :
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:20:23 +1000, "Tom Miller"
wrote:

70 caliber! What the hell is that?

Could be a 12 ga. shotgun.

.75 "caliber". I've never fired a 12 gauge with a slug or ball. That
might be "fun".

More like .72". Slug loads are usually fairly heavy loads -
about like a heavy load of bird shot. They have a decent
amount of recoil, but not enough to tighten your fillings...

That's nearly 18 mm. It would kick you
into the middle of next week to fire it. That's just a cannon with a stock!
I shoot a 12 ga. often. So far - no time travel.

There is no educational value in the second time you get kicked by a
mule. Or don't hold a shotgun tight to your shoulder.

Doesn't everyone know better than that?

In the words of Tommy Smothers "Not Again!"

I'm reminded of my friend and the keltec pistol. First time he'd fired
a semi-auto other than a 22. Left his left thumb on top of the grip, and
he got a slide bite. Rest of the day, you could watch him take the pistol,
get a good grip, and then move that thumb out of the way. One can imagine
the mental checklist: "Good grip, sight picture, left thumb out of way,
sight picture, squeeze, squeeze ..."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,