Another simple project that can only be done on a lathe. I recently
repaired the sintered iron bushings in the front wheels of an old
riding lawn mower. First I removed the iron bushings and usin the
lathe, bored out the inside to exactly 1" diameter. Then turned brass
rod to 1" diameter. I cut off pieces of this rod to the length of the
bushing and pressed them into the iron bushings. Then using the lathe
again, drilled the brass in the bushings and then bored them to exactly
3/4" to fit the mower axel.

Took about 4 hours per side, 8 bushings total, done over two Saturdays
and all the wheel wobbeling is gone.

Keep the lathe, buy lots of tooling. Find lots of scrap metal and go to
work!

Paul