Gunner

On 22 Apr 2005 05:34:32 -0700, wrote:

I found a 36 inch used metal lathe for sale for 350. What would this be
good for? I like working with metal. I have a couple of welders and am
wanting to increase my tools in my garage!

Normally...a "36 inch lathe" means (at least in the USA) a lathe that
will swing an object 36" in diameter. A huge monster of a lathe
suitble for making battleship parts, locomotives and such.

Now if its a lathe that can spin a part 36" Long...then thats exactly
what you can use easily at home.

You can make pins and bushings, bolts, threaded items, flashlights,
earthworm shockers, clocks and watches, dead falls, blunt instruments,
test equipment, diamond cutters, sex toys and sex machines, G

Look around you. Virtually anything round can be made on a lathe.
The uses are endless.

I just made a bunch of contact tips for my several MIG welders a few
weeks ago. I think I now have a lifetime supply G

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"