FreddyQ

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:27:50 GMT, "MARK ASH"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a Trane XL 1200. Fan does not come on automatically in cool mode.
No problem with heat. I haven't had a chance to put gauges on it yet. I
here freon getting to the evaporator and coils, and they frostover until I
turn on fan manually. Any ideas? All I got was stupid remarks from
alt.hvac.

Thanks
Mark

If your condenser compressor and fan are working ok and your inside
fan is not, then I'd look for a schematic with the unit and trace your
circuit out with a voltmeter. My trane has a schematic, but you have
to remove some panel screws to see it.

Probably an air handler circuit board with a relay that is stuck or
burnt out.