indago

Hi,

I have a Trane XL 1200. Fan does not come on automatically in cool mode.
No problem with heat. I haven't had a chance to put gauges on it yet. I
here freon getting to the evaporator and coils, and they frostover until I
turn on fan manually. Any ideas? All I got was stupid remarks from
alt.hvac.

Thanks
Mark

Generally, the air circulating fan comes on with the compressor, and if it
isn't coming on, then there is a problem with a relay, or maybe a fuse on a
circuit board. If the coils are frosting up, then that is a sign that the
compressor and freon system is working. Take a look at the system
schematics and determine how the fan system works in conjunction with the
compressor; then, make the necessary repairs. The fan motor generally has
several speeds, and it will work at a higher speed in the cooling mode.