Joseph Meehan

tm wrote:

In the past I have been successful in
blocking sound by staggering 2x3 studs on 2x4 plates and weaving pink
insulation between them. The idea is to avoid "drum heads" two sheet
rock walls on oppposite sides of the same studs.

Pink insulation woven between is pointless.

I don't remember if it is pink, but there is a fiberglass insulation
available that is also acoustical. It is not all that effective, but it
does help some. As I recall it works a little for voice frequencies and
little at low frequencies that are often a problem with music or TV sounds.
I would not rely on it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit